Saturday, October 03, 2009

Wouldn't it be nice...

if money didn't exist.

I know this has been said by many before me, and many will say it after. But it is true.

In the words of the great John Lennon:

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

But it is true. It runs our lives. Could you imagine what people could do if they had the time to follow their dreams. Experience life without the limitations of bills and financial woes.

Don't get me wrong. I am fully aware that money is a necessity. Who would make the cars if we didn't pay for them? Who would supply the cables to my house so that I can have internet?

I just wish there was a solution.

I wish I could skip a step in life. I wish I could follow my dreams. Experience what it feels like to be my own boss. Do the things I know I am fully capable of doing.

I don't care about things. I don't need a fancy car. I couldn't tell you what designer handbags, jeans or shoes are popular now. But I wish I didn't depend on someone else for my food, shelter and well being.

They are all wishes. From generations past and generations to come. Imagine.

But my life was built on a wish. A dream. A hope.

So here is to hoping. Here is to the future.

2 comments:

Me said...

I have a feeling all your dreams will come true.

Anonymous said...

I like how it ends...You know what you bring to the table. So stay in each moment. Live each second - because honestly its what we are made of. Its who we become and its who we are destine to be. I think its a journey a dream.

Remember this time...use it as a vital tool of growth- especially with in.

You have helped others...know this