Friday, August 28, 2009

The way things could have been.

DJ AM died today.

Although I know who he was, and considered him to be talented, I never gave him much thought in life. His death was sad in the way that all celebrity deaths are sad, nothing more.

That is, until I read this article.
http://www.glamour.com/magazine/2008/01/dj-am?currentPage=1

There was such truth in those words. Such pain, struggle and frustration. I understood every emotion, every struggle and each frustration.

I can't compare my life, upbringing and experiences to his, because we all experience this world in a different way. But there were aspects that I was more than comfortable to have understood. Both my sister and I's lives could have ended up this way.

We could have found ourselves in this impossible of battles. But we didn't.

We are strong, we are determined, we are better people because of the things we have endured.

Rest in Peace DJ AM. I hope that you find what you need. And thank you universe. Thank you for keeping my family safe, for not letting my sister end up here today.

I don't know what I would do. . .

No comments: