Sunday, August 23, 2009

Driving

Driving is the most therapeutic thing I know (other than taking a nice long bath).

I recently drove to Kansas City to see an old college friend. It was amazing. Windows down. Wind blowing through my hair. Country music blaring, sun shining and life kicking ass.

I have been putting together a list of things I am thankful for. There are so many.

I have also been inspired to become a more positive person. I used to blog/write/vent much more than I have been. It feels so nice to just get things out. To set them free. To set yourself free from the pressures they create.

To be free.

I don't know what that means anymore and yet I understand it more than I ever have.

It doesn't mean free from people, it doesn't mean free from responsibility, and it doesn't mean free from the problems you create.

It means being free to change, to adapt, to understand that this world is constantly changing and adapting to you. It is the people, responsibilities and problems that make this life unique. Without them, freedom would not be appreciated.

I have decided to be a more positive person. To learn the things about myself that are weak, and make them stronger.

For example. I get in these negative mindsets. Something will set it off, and it just spirals. Life is too short to waste on negativity. I am the alchemist. I create my reality. Believe what you will, but it is this mentality that I undersand, that I abide by. And it is this mentality that I am going to use to become a better person.

Open roads free me.

Open roads open me up to new ideas, possibilities and understanding.

I love driving.

No comments: